Old 20-03-2019, 11:01 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Broadback[_3_] Broadback[_3_] is offline

Default Tulip bulb information please

On 19/03/2019 17:35, Chris Hogg wrote:
On Tue, 19 Mar 2019 16:04:04 +0000, Broadback
wrote:

My wife is a fan of tulips so I thought of planting them for next year.
when I s the best time to plant the, what is a good source and finally
do they need the ground o be fertile, if so the best fertilizer?

See https://www.rhs.org.uk/advice/profile?pid=684

In a nutshell: plant in autumn in good, fertile well drained soil in a
place that gets plenty of sun. Adding a bit of general fertiliser at
planting time will do them a power of good. Growmore will be OK, or
blood, fish and bone if you want a slower release organic. Can't
really recommend any particular source: I get mine from our local
garden centre (Wyevale) of even Tesco's when they have them! They all
seem to grow OK.

Many thanks for your informative reply Chris, I will look out for them
in the Autumn.