Old 21-03-2019, 05:35 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Drew Lawson[_2_] Drew Lawson[_2_] is offline

Default EWG's 2019 Dirty Dozen list

In article
songbird writes:
T wrote:

Is kale actually edible, even without the pesticides?

:-)

we don't eat it. i like most veggies but not that
one much enough to grow it.

I'm not sure I've ever had it, but it has probably shown up in a
salad at some point. I assume it follows my general rule for all
cabbage relatives -- eat as close to raw as possible.

grow tomatoes and strawberries without any *cides at
all.

Unfortunately, my garden is plagued by tomato leaf spot, so I am
dependant on copper sulfate. That's about all I use, aside from
RoundUp on the creaping thistle.

--
Drew Lawson | What is an "Oprah"?