Old 24-03-2019, 02:46 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Paul Drahn[_2_] Paul Drahn[_2_] is offline

Default Paper mulch

On 3/19/2019 8:34 PM, Terry Coombs wrote:
Â* So I decided the easiest way to get mulch around the strawberries is
to use shredded paper - but I'm unsure about what paper is safe . Useta
be that glossy paper was not , but newsprint was . I *think* most modern
inks are soy based and safe , but I'm not sure . It'd sure be nice to
use all those spam mails for something productive instead of burning them .

We cover the strawberries with Ponderosa pine needles for the winter.
Then remove most of them in the Spring(about now). And leave some
needles to use as mulch when the new leaves begin to grow. Keeps
irrigation water off the berries, too.

Paul in Central Oregon