Old 26-04-2003, 01:21 PM
James Ervin

Default Erratic pH sensor and solenoid

New information:

If I plug a simple appliance (say a hand held blower) into the
controller, it cycles on and off as expected. If I remove the outer
part of the CO2 solenoid, (I think this part is just a big electro
magnet, but am not sure) and hook this up to the controller, the unit
simply cycles as described. How can I test the load that the solenoid
is putting on the controller?

I will try and simulate a high load on the controller and see if I can
reproduce the effect.

On Fri, 25 Apr 2003 20:36:24 -0400, James Ervin
wrote:

Help.

I have an Ultralife Reef Products pH Monitor and Controller Model
MC-101. I am attempting to convert to the use of this with a Pinpoint
pH probe to turn my CO2 on and off. I had been using the pH monitor
and probe on another tank just to monitor the pH and had been simply
been turning the CO2 on and off with the tank lights via standard
timers and a solenoid.