Old 01-05-2019, 06:15 PM posted to rec.gardens
songbird[_2_] songbird[_2_] is offline

Default Hollyhocks - rust

Lintama wrote:

Has anybody got a cure for hollyhock rust please? I grew the plants
from seed in the hope that it wouldn't happen but I was wrong. I've
been picking off the most affected leaves and putting them in the bin.

nope, we used to have tons of them here but
one year the rust arrived and we never liked
how they grew after that. there are still
some around, but they are never spot free.

eventually perhaps a resistant mutation will
come along...

in the mean time i'm not into babying plants.
if they can't make it there are plenty of others
that will grow instead.

sprays may sort of work but i hate to use
them because it ends up just selecting even
worse strains.

songbird