Old 16-06-2019, 11:56 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
[email protected] wardjfb@hotmail.co.uk is offline

Default Climbing french beans?

On Sunday, 16 June 2019 11:21:14 UTC+1, Charlie Pridham wrote:
First time I have tried to grow these, I was expecting them to be the
same as runner beans re germination but so far have very poor
germination in the ground, I have started another batch under glass but
have I just been caught out by this years weird weather or are they more
tricky?
--
Charlie Pridham
Gardening in Cornwall

I prefer them to runner beans as they don't go stringy. I always sow them in root trainers and plant them out and have never had a germination problem.

Jonathan