Old 18-06-2019, 03:39 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Broadback[_3_] Broadback[_3_] is offline

Default Bumble bees around my beech hedges, why?

On 18/06/2019 15:14, Chris Hogg wrote:
On Tue, 18 Jun 2019 13:32:59 +0100, Broadback
wrote:

I have noticed bumble bees frequently around my beech hedged. Why? There
are no flowers on them or any obvious reason as to why they should be
attracted to them. Can some kine person explain the attraction please?
hey are not a problem I am simply interested.

Is there a bumble bees' nest in the base of the hedge somewhere near,
(below ground, not actually up in the hedge)?

no sign of a nest, also the bumble bees vary in variety. I suspect honey
dew may be the answer.