Old 19-06-2019, 08:02 AM
Sandman1600 Sandman1600 is offline
Registered User

Thanks very much for the response.

Oddly, we had the same issue around the same time last year last year and thought we might be losing it but the browning seemed to halt and we had a lot of new growth.

Now the browning has come back with a vengeance this year.

So I’m presuming it must be environmental rather than fungus/insects..? If it happened last year, semi-recovered, and started again this year.

As the brown needles are never going to recover and they cover 80% of the tree, would there be any benefit in just cutting it all back?

Or are we going to end up with something that looks like a big version of Charlie Brown’s Christmas tree?!