Old 20-06-2019, 08:30 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Janet G Janet G is offline

Default Climbing french beans?

On Sunday, 16 June 2019 11:21:14 UTC+1, Charlie Pridham wrote:
First time I have tried to grow these, I was expecting them to be the
same as runner beans re germination but so far have very poor
germination in the ground, I have started another batch under glass but
have I just been caught out by this years weird weather or are they more
tricky?
--
Charlie Pridham
Gardening in Cornwall

I think they're rather more prone than runners to rotting if they're over-wet, and if you've had anything like the amount of rain we've had in Lincolnshire, that might not have helped.
Janet G