Old 02-03-2003, 02:51 PM
Minteeleaf

Default Newbie question about shade

Pat Meadows wrote:

On Sat, 01 Mar 2003 17:03:56 -0500, Minteeleaf
wrote:

Pat, what containers did you grow the lettuces in?
How deep, how wide? How many times a day did you water,
& what varieties?

We had a stroke of really good luck and found a huge pile of
big black plant pots at a dumpster - not pretty ones,
functional ones. We had lots for ourselves, plus enough to
share with a gardening friend here. There are two sizes:
large and VERY large. I used them.

snip

Thanks, Pat. I have a lot of lettuce seed, so I'll try it.
I've grown a number of things in containers, but wasn't sure
about lettuces. Your info is useful.

I still wish I had had a great find like your containers.
You really got a blessing there.

Minteeleaf