Old 03-08-2019, 06:48 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Bloke Down The Pub Bloke Down The Pub is offline

Default Planting lemon seeds

"Terry Coombs" wrote in message

Any special prep , or just bury 'em ? I know that it's not likely a seed
will produce a tree with fruit identical to the fruit they come from ...
but hay , ya never know , might get some decent fruit anyway .

If nothing else you may end up with root stock that you can graft a known
citrus on to.

20 odd years ago I planted grafted mandarins, which promptly died, however
the root stocks flourished and I now have 2 of the most vicious lemon trees,
with upto 3 inch thorns and no matter now severe I prune them they up and
grow again the next year and always bear fruit

Mike