Old 19-09-2019, 09:01 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Blight

In article ,
Jeff Layman wrote:

Out of interest, Phytophthora infestans is always associated
with potatoes and tomatoes, but does it have much effect on other,
particularly solanaceous, plants? There is some very limited information
he
https://www.cabi.org/isc/datasheet/40970#tohostsOrSpeciesAffected, but
that's all I've been able to find (and I don't have access to the
reference quoted).

I am pretty sure that it is restricted to genus Solanum, but don't know
if it can affect any of our native species or whether they can act as
hosts. I have certainly not seen it on S. dulcamara and can't swear
to having seen it (ot nor having seen it) on S. nigrum.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.