Old 24-09-2019, 12:02 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Montbretia (Aberdeenshire)

On 24/09/2019 11:17, Jim S wrote:
On Tue, 24 Sep 2019 10:32:25 +0100, Graeme wrote:

Morning all,

Just been given Montbretia by a neighbour, thinning her patch. I have
the corms, complete with greenery and even a few orange flowers. No
earth on the corms.

When should I plant them? Now, or spring? Should I cut off the growth,
or just leave it to wither and die?

Thanks!

The latter although it's almost impossible to kill them.
BTW I think they are now called Crocisma if you need to look them up,

Crocosmia x crocosmiflora, but montbretia is a perfectly acceptable
vernacular name.

--
SRH