Old 24-09-2019, 01:05 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Graeme[_2_] Graeme[_2_] is offline

Default Montbretia (Aberdeenshire)

In message , Jeff Layman
writes
On 24/09/19 11:30, Martin Brown wrote:
doubt there is much that you can do to them that will stop them growing.
They are almost indestructible.

That is a crazy suggestion - apart from it being illegal (see my reply
to Jim S). Would you say the same thing if he had been given Japanese
Knotweed?!

The OP *must* not plant them. They need to be destroyed.

That seems a little extreme. The plants are for my own garden, not for
planting out and about in random fields and hedgerows. They came from a
neighbour, who is thinning (not removing) hers and, in 20 years here, I
have never noticed the neighbour's plants spreading outside her garden.
--
Graeme