Old 24-09-2019, 02:04 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Montbretia (Aberdeenshire)

On 24/09/2019 13:54, Graeme wrote:
In message , Martin Brown
writes

Montbretia is nothing like so invasive at least where I have gardened.
It might be more of a problem down south but it barely clings on here.

Seems to grow reasonably well here (Royal Deeside) but, as I said
earlier, I have not noticed it invading this or other gardens despite
our neighbour having quite a display.

In my experience Crocosmia is persistent where established but not
invasive. Lamiastrum galeobdolon argentatum is worse. And there are
several weedy plants which have been expanding into the region.

--
SRH