Old 24-09-2019, 06:13 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Graeme[_2_] Graeme[_2_] is offline

Default Montbretia (Aberdeenshire)

In message , Jeff Layman
writes
On 24/09/19 13:05, Graeme wrote:

Maybe the Wildlife and Countryside Act doesn't apply to Scotland. Even
so, if you really would like a Crocosmia there are much better
cultivars which are not invasive (according to the breeders).

That I don't know. To be honest, I am only planting it because it was a
gift, and looks attractive.

FWIW, I took me five years to eradicate Montbretia in our previous
garden - and I had planted it without knowing what would happen! In our
new place which we moved into seven years ago a small patch of it was
already growing. I dug it out, but it came back, so I must have missed
a corm. I removed that, and a small plant appeared the next year. That
plant was removed, and for three years I didn't see it. This year, it
appeared again.

Wow!

--
Graeme