Old 24-09-2019, 10:44 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Montbretia (Aberdeenshire)

In article ,
Jeff Layman wrote:

Up to a point I agree with you - in the end it's all Crocosmia xxxxxxx.
But there are, according to the breeders, crosses which are not as
invasive as "Montbretia". I guess it depends on whether you believe them
or not. I find many Crocosmias quite attractive, but I won't be planting
them in case they spread.

Well, they would say that, wouldn't they?

I have several, and some spread gently whereas others fade away, but
none are invasive and (despite them setting seed), I have never had
a seedling. I cannot say the same about several plants NOT on that
list. This is near Cambridge.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.