Old 07-10-2019, 01:59 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
T[_4_] T[_4_] is offline

Default organic matter ???

On 10/6/19 7:34 AM, wrote:
On Fri, 4 Oct 2019 22:43:36 -0700, T wrote:

Hi All,

I just watched a video:

Watch This BEFORE Buying Garden Soil for Vegetable Patch
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rU-76AnBEao

He makes the point that you have to add organic material
even to the best imported soil. He makes his point at
9:00 on the video.

What is the best way to get this kind of stuff into
my ground pots? Can I buy a bag of this stuff on
Amazon? What is it called?

-T

The stuff he had was from down under.

When buying compost or manure, make sure you know where it originates.
https://www.sonomacountygazette.com/...p-aminopyralid

Ross.

Ya. I have heard the bad stuff can ruin your garden!

I will make sure and get something that has been hot
composted.

Seems to me that scat would be so full of grass seeds
that hot composting would be the only safe way.

I have tried burying table scraps, but it does not
depose. Seriously.

What Happens When You Bury Kitchen Scraps in the Garden?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yQFB9M2UdK0

Did exactly as he said.

Could not figure out what those balls rolling around my
garden were. Then I realized it was avocado pits from
two years ago that worked their was out of the soil.

AAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!

No wonder I have no worms!!!!