Old 12-10-2019, 09:48 PM posted to rec.gardens
Boron Elgar Boron Elgar is offline

Default Witch Hazel in a container?

On Sat, 12 Oct 2019 21:19:23 +0100, David Hill
wrote:

On 12/10/2019 17:34, Frank wrote:
On 10/12/2019 11:36 AM, wrote:
On Sat, 12 Oct 2019 11:21:58 +0100, Colstar
wrote:

;1032351 Wrote:
On Fri, 11 Oct 2019 17:54:49 +0100, Colstar
wrote:-

Can you grow witch hazel in a container? If so which is the best
variety?-

Probably can be container grown, but why would you want to grow
Witchhazel???* It's a small ugly brush like plant that has no
redeeming qualities whatsoever as a landscaping plant, it's
essentially a weed. You'd be much wiser to buy witchhazel lotion at
any drugstore as an astringent, for like $2 a pint.... most prople,
male and female, use witch hazel to relieve the pain and itch of
crotch rot.

Oh wow, I had no idea. I just wanted some winter colour and scent. What
would you recommend?

Febrez!

Maybe something like rosemary which you can also use as a herb.

I'd go with Witch Hazel in a large container, when not in flower it can
be moved away from the focal point.
https://diygarden.co.uk/plants/witch-hazel/

I had a with hazel that I grew in a large tub out on my deck. Never
had a problem with it there.