Old 13-10-2019, 03:08 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Tina Tina is offline

Default OT - spiders coming indoors. What do they eat?

On 23/09/2019 21:29, Vir Campestris wrote:
On 23/09/2019 16:03, Broadback wrote:
I always understood that spiders do no grow in size.

You understood wrong.

They grow, and like all creatures with external skeletons have to shed
them every so often. I occasionally find the shed "skin" of a spider.

Back to the OP: We have phalangioides spiders, sometimes known as daddy
longlegs. One of the things they eat is the black hairy tegenaria
spiders

Andy

I have daddy longleg spiders in my porch, they are fairly local to some
areas. I must ask them inside if they eat the big hairy house spiders!