Old 20-10-2019, 06:37 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Plant IDs, anyone?

In article ,
Andy Burns wrote:
Stewart Robert Hinsley wrote:

Andy Burns wrote:

http://andyburns.uk/misc/mystery_plant.jpg

Sedum acre - has little yellow flowers.

Thanks, not seen it in flower, wiki says it struggles to outcompete
other plants, but it seems to be doing a very good job of outcompeting
most things on cleared ground ...

It thrives on seriously poor ground that doesn't hold water, where
most plants don't. It's a bit like my Cyclamen coum, which has
(with very little assistance) formed a monoculture in a bed that is
under the eaves of my house. Neither will do that if there is any
serious competition from faster-growing plants.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.