Old 21-10-2019, 10:23 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Another John Another John is offline

Default Plant IDs, anyone?

In article ,
David Hill wrote:

Just a note. If the second one is a type of species Dahlia then it may
NOT have tubers, some varieties just have fleshy roots, but after the
first frost I would cut it back and lift it carefully to store somewhere
frost free.
Who knows next year it may flower and supprise us all.

Yep -- we fully intend to dig it up carefully when the time comes!
Interesting about the non-tuber varieties -- we'll remember that!

Not realy related but I found this clip of interest and a form of dahlia
I had never heard sbout before
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=klR3SFK48PQ

Also interesting - mesmerising in fact, with that accent, and that
music! :-)

John