Old 25-10-2019, 08:50 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Vir Campestris Vir Campestris is offline

Default Plant IDs, anyone?

On 22/10/2019 16:32, Nick Maclaren wrote:
The point is that, allergies and damage to mucous membranes aside,
any plant found 'in the wild' in the UK can be handled and even tasted
without serious risk of death or permanent injury.

https://www.rhs.org.uk/advice/profile?pid=458

I looked it up because I recall hearing tales of children using the
stems to make blowpipes. The results were not good.

Come to that, belladonna isn't even uncommon...

Andy