Old 28-10-2019, 02:07 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Plant IDs, anyone?

On 26/10/2019 10:08, Chris Hogg wrote:
On Fri, 25 Oct 2019 20:48:43 -0000 (UTC), (Nick
Maclaren) wrote:

And I have been prescribed belladonna ....

When I was a kid I used to get given 'Neutradonna' for tummy ache. A
coarse white powder with a distinctive taste, slightly pepperminty
IIRC, a teaspoonful of which you stirred in water and swilled down in
one gulp before it settled out in the tumbler.

I seem to remember something equally disgusting for upset stomach
Kaoline and Morphine! again had a sort of peppermint taste

--
Charlie Pridham
Gardening in Cornwall