Old 02-11-2019, 01:34 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Plant IDs, anyone?

On 01/11/2019 17:38, Another John wrote:
In article ,
Stewart Robert Hinsley wrote:

[lots!]

I continue to have a hunch that plant B is some form of Bidens, but I
open to better suggestions. For what it's worth, the leaflets of plant B
do look somewhat similar to the leaves of Guizotia, but they're broadest
near the base, not past the middle.

Thanks for your extensive analysis Stewart - remarkable. So ... "the
hunt goes on" :-) We won't be grubbing them up and composting them any
time soon.

PS: as for the size of the plants and the seeds, Epilobium hirsutum
seeds are smaller.

Well yes -- I was joking :-) I always think for foxgloves, and even
more the Great Mullein, which are whacking sturdy plants!

Cheers
John

When winter arrives you may be able to make a judgement as to whether
the plants (particular plant B, where the Dahlia hypothesis is
plausible) are annual or perennial.

--
SRH