Old 29-01-2020, 10:47 AM
Rocco Rocco is offline
Registered User

Default Allergic to Laburnum golden rain/chain

Hi there,

I'm new to this forum.

I am allergic to peanuts and all fabiciae trees, which includes Laburnum. I found out I was allergic to it when we moved in to an apartment, which had one right outside the bedroom window. It was a nightmare. We had the windows open all spring and I was just getting sicker and sicker, specially when I got a wiff of the fragrance, it would make me insanely dizzy. Eventually I figured out it was the tree and moved out.

Has anyone experienced or heard about this before? My doctor is mesmerised.

Anyway, we just rented a new apartment and there is a Laburnum outside the apartment which the landlord agreed to get rid of, for my allergies sake. The problem is that the smell is lingering in the apt.(probably from the previous tenant having the window open during springtime) and it's making me dizzy and sick again, but to a lesser degree.

Any ideas on how to get rid of the odor?