Old 27-03-2020, 06:32 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
David[_24_] David[_24_] is offline

Default No smoke without fire

On Fri, 27 Mar 2020 13:32:26 +0000, Broadback wrote:

On 27/03/2020 11:53, David wrote:
Our local waste tip has closed for the moment.
Green bin collections are being suspended to reduce the risk to workers
(allegedly - may just be to save money).

So for those with anything to dispose of which is not compostable in a
compost heap (if you have one) the top option seems to be to burn it on
a traditional garden bonfire.

No doubt there will now be a steep rise in complaints about smoke.

I have already seen reports of large garden bonfires getting out of
control (although not, I think, local to us).

Lidl had some dustbin type incinerators the other day.

Probably all gone, but worth a look I suppose.

Cheers

Dave R

The only problem with that is how to get there.

In the car as part of a grocery shop.

Lidl is one of our local supermarkets and we shop there regularly.

Got one. Now to see how effective it is.

Very flimsy but probably good enough to burn some bits of broken fence
panel with bits of chopped up vegetation on top.

At dusk, to avoid any risk to neighbours' washing.

Cheers

Dave R