Old 27-03-2020, 07:46 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
alan_m alan_m is offline

Default No smoke without fire

On 27/03/2020 11:53, David wrote:
Our local waste tip has closed for the moment.
Green bin collections are being suspended to reduce the risk to workers
(allegedly - may just be to save money).

Two rubbish vehicles turned up today, one for recycling waste and the
other for general waste. Instead of the usual teams of 4 or 5 each
vehicle only had 2 - a driver and the other collecting all the sacks.
Our rubbish is separated into different coloured plastic sacks.

I also noted that the commercial waste collection service also had a
limited crew of 1 rather than the normal crew of 3.

With limited crewing the collection is much slower therefore if the aim
is to keep crew numbers to a minimum for isolation reasons perhaps more
vehicles are needed for general rubbish collection and hence vehicles
allocated for some activities have been re-assigned.