Old 27-03-2020, 11:15 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Bob Hobden[_6_] Bob Hobden[_6_] is offline

Default No smoke without fire

On 27 Mar 2020 11:53:22 GMT, David wrote:
Our local waste tip has closed for the moment.
Green bin collections are being suspended to reduce the risk to workers
(allegedly - may just be to save money).

So for those with anything to dispose of which is not compostable in a
compost heap (if you have one) the top option seems to be to burn it on a
traditional garden bonfire.

No doubt there will now be a steep rise in complaints about smoke.

I have already seen reports of large garden bonfires getting out of
control (although not, I think, local to us).

Lidl had some dustbin type incinerators the other day.

Probably all gone, but worth a look I suppose.

Considering we are in a pandemic of chest infection causing sever
breathing problems I think lighting bonfires is irresponsible in the
least even antisocial. You simply don't know who nearby might be
struggling to breath.

--
Regards
Bob Hobden