Old 31-03-2020, 08:31 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Pavel314[_2_] Pavel314[_2_] is offline

Default New Gardener

I have a retired friend who decided to take up vegetable gardening this year. My wife and I discussed various basic gardening techniques, like tilling, composting, fertilizing, weeding, etc., with him. He's planning to plant tomatoes, cabbages, lettuce, and similar common vegetables this first year.

I wondered if the gardeners on this list had a favorite tip for gardening that I could pass on to him. Mine was to weed constantly to prevent the weeds from taking over.

Paul