Old 02-04-2020, 10:22 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
songbird[_2_] songbird[_2_] is offline

Default New Gardener

wrote:
On Thursday, April 2, 2020 at 9:40:21 AM UTC-4, Pavel314 wrote:
On Tuesday, March 31, 2020 at 3:31:57 PM UTC-4, Pavel314 wrote:
I have a retired friend who decided to take up vegetable gardening this year. My wife and I discussed various basic gardening techniques, like tilling, composting, fertilizing, weeding, etc., with him. He's planning to plant tomatoes, cabbages, lettuce, and similar common vegetables this first year.

I wondered if the gardeners on this list had a favorite tip for gardening that I could pass on to him. Mine was to weed constantly to prevent the weeds from taking over.

Paul

Thanks for the ideas posted; I passed them on to my friend.

The very best thing for a garden is the gardeners shadow.

i've heard that one before.

songbird