Old 04-04-2020, 01:18 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Pavel314[_2_] Pavel314[_2_] is offline

Default Where to buy seeeds

On Friday, April 3, 2020 at 9:00:28 PM UTC-4, T wrote:
Hi All,

I just got my computer prompt to buy seeds
to plant in late may.

Problem: Burpee is out of stock on virtually everything.
I presume it is because of the RED Chinese virus of
death and hoarding.

What is a good alternate source of seeds that
actually germinate and are in stock?

Many thanks,
-T

This is the busy season for the seed companies; everyone who gardens is getting ready to plant. And I would guess that a lot of seed companies are short on help as a lot of their people might be out due to virus fears.

My wife does her seed shopping in January and starts most of them in flats in the greenhouse, so she beats the springtime rush. She wanted to buy something additional last week and ran into the same problem you're having, the seeds won't be available for a month or two.

I think Songbird has the best solution; check your local garden and feed stores to see what they have.

Paul