Old 04-04-2020, 02:39 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Nyssa[_3_] Nyssa[_3_] is offline

Default hoarders and greenhouse plants?

Gary Woods wrote:

On Fri, 3 Apr 2020 21:46:43 -0700, T
wrote:

Lefts hope I can get some peppers and cherry tomatoes.

We seed savers are just (upstate NY) starting tomatos.
And testing older seed-some 16-year-old romaine is
germinating nicely.

I had to do something like that with snap pea seeds that
ranged from three to five years old. I keep checking on
them, but only a few have poked through the dirt so far.
Keeping fingers crossed.

Except for a few seeds that a neighbor picked up for me
over the past couple of months, I'm mostly having to
rely on older leftover seeds.

My other neighbor who usually orders for both of us from
Pinetree Seeds, was dealing with her husband's illness
(he passed away last month) and never got around to making
the order. My other in-person source(s) have both gone out
of business.

With the lockdown, I haven't ventured out far enough to
check the big box stores nor my other source for plants
and seeds that's 45 miles away.

I'm dealing with things as best I can and have two vegetable
beds planted with snap peas (which may or may not work), two
types of lettuce, and broccoli.

Nyssa, who also has started some tomato and pepper seeds
from last year and has hopes that they'll do the job