Old 06-04-2020, 09:09 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
David[_24_] David[_24_] is offline

Default Lawn weed and feed

On Mon, 06 Apr 2020 20:59:53 +0100, Roger Tonkin wrote:

In article ,
says...

On Fri, 03 Apr 2020 20:57:00 +0100, Muddymike wrote:

On 03/04/2020 12:01, David wrote:
It has been a strange year.
It seems only a short time ago that everywhere was waterlogged and
now we seem to be in a drought (in East Anglia).

It is time to weed and feed but there is no significant rain
forecast for the next week.

I don't really want to have to water the weed and feed in with a
hosepipe if it doesn't rain.

Just musing, really.

Rain, never there when you want it, always there when you don't.

Cheers

Dave R

Sorry, I caused the East Anglia drought by sowing grass seed two
weeks ago!

Mike

Forecast is suggesting rain Monday morning.

I think I will do some spreading this evening then hope.

snip

Rain forecast here over Sunday night, so I spread my 4 in 1 weed & feed
yesterday afternoon. And my it did rain for a bit last night.

This orning my front grass/moss patch (not really recognisable as a
lawn! ) had already started to turn black. Hoping the daisies et al will
now start to die off as well.

Promised rain didn't materialise so I had to spray the grass to water the
treatment in.

It may need another go tomorrow as the ground is so hard the water barely
soaked in.

Some of the moss is going black, though.

Cheers

Dave R