Old 07-04-2020, 03:32 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
T[_4_] T[_4_] is offline

Default Where to buy seeeds

On 2020-04-06 19:06, wrote:
T wrote:

What is a good alternate source of seeds that
actually germinate and are in stock?

Although physical infirmity has kept me from the garden for a
couple of years, the "season" starts in September with a second planting
of veggies requiring more temperate conditions starting in mid-February
and continuing into April or May for a few truly "warm weather" items
such as okra or so-called "southern peas". For both of the reasons
cited by you, my #1 go-to's are Sustainable Seeds
https://sustainableseedco.com/ or Victory Heirloom Seeds
https://www.victoryseeds.com/. Both are good sources for organic,
untreated and OP. For larger quantities and for "safe" treated seeds,
it"s Reimer http://www.reimerseeds.com/default.aspx and for seeds
somewhat "tuned" to my climate, I buy from Southern Expusure Seed
Exchange http://www.southernexposure.com/.
Because I buy in the fall for an entire year, I have no idea
whether or how any of these folks might be coping with present
conditions, Hope this helps a bit.

Thank you!