Old 11-04-2020, 10:45 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Battery self-propelled mowers

In article ,
Jeff Layman wrote:
Anyone got one? If so, what is your opinion?

Since I created some odd-shaped beds and borders my corded
self-propelled mower is a bit of a nuisance, as the cord often seems to
be in the wrong place. The advertised specs for battery self-propelled
mowers suggests they would be ok for my purposes, but specs never give
the whole story.

We had one, and it failed to get up a 3% slope :-) Admittedly, that
was a Black and Decker, back in the lead-acid days. I am thinking of
getting one for similar reasons, and modern rare-earth motors and
lithium-ion batters are VASTLY better, but cheap ones are probably
still crap.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.