Old 26-04-2003, 01:26 PM
P van Rijckevorsel

Default Is breeding between different species possible?

Frank Martin schreef
Can someone help me how to show this on a cladic chart, and

perhaps why such breeding does not occur at the molecular
level. Please help, Frank

Iris Cohen schreef
I don't know anything about cladic charts or what you mean by a molecular

level, but I can tell you breeding between species goes on all the time.
Iris,

+ + +
It does not show on a 'cladic chart' because cladism analyses descent.
Cladism assumes gene exchange across species borders is not a contributing
factor to genetic make-up of species.
A 'cladic chart' that showed this would not be a 'cladic chart'.

As to the molecular level:
the short answer is that molecules are not plant species.
PvR