Old 26-04-2003, 01:26 PM
Archimedes Plutonium

Default Complementarity of plants to animals; Chloroplasts is complimented

Beverly Erlebacher wrote:

ANd there are plants (well, algae, or are they still algae?) like Chara
that have an external calcium compound coating. And most phyla of animals
have either no skeleton or a skeleton made of chitin, another organic
polymer. Even many vertebrates lack calcified bones.

Chitin poses a problem. And unless I can wiggle out of the problem, I am stuck.

One possibility is that calcium for animals is linked with the electrical system
in animals in that you cannot get the fast motion with large mass unless it was
calcium based. Chitin based is okay for tiny mass.

Not sure whether I can wiggle out of this.

Archimedes Plutonium,
of the electron-dot-cloud are galaxies