Old 21-05-2020, 02:53 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Garden pond.

On 21/05/20 13:32, april wrote:
On Tuesday, May 19, 2020 at 9:42:12 PM UTC+1, Vir Campestris wrote:
On 19/05/2020 08:10, Bill Davy wrote:

I have found one newt.

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/great-cr...s-and-licences

The orange colour is not diagnostic of species. Look at the pictures.

Andy

I have at least half a dozen newts in the bottom of the pond ( the water is clearing now and I can see them. OK so I am guilty as charged of upsetting their home. I need to re build it. I dont know what sort they are. According to YouTube it doesn't matter really as in this country they are all protected .

So, I have to get some plants pretty fast.

Can aquatic plants be bought online and sent to your house? Not sure where to go otherwise. No such places near me.

Got anybody with a pond nearby who would be happy for you to have a few
plants?

With regard to the protection of newts, Smooth and Palmate are protected
against trade and sale only. Great Crested are fully protected. See
https://www.arc-trust.org/pages/category/newts.

--

Jeff