Old 26-05-2020, 01:25 AM posted to rec.gardens
David Hill David Hill is offline

Default birds are eating my petunias

On 26/05/2020 00:58, wrote:
I've tried alsorts ive evenput green netting over them but had enough I want to look at the buetiful bloom so taking it all off tomorrow sod it! !! Ran out of ideas

Manyyears ago in my younger days I worked in the local park, and in the
spring we had problems with birds pecking theflowers of the poyanthus so
we used to push in pegs about 9 inches long into the ground so that
about 5 inches was left sticking up then we would weave an iregular
pattern with black cotton, it stoped the birds being able to walk
amongst the plants pecking at random at the flowers. It didn't show
amongst the plants but did work well.