Old 07-06-2020, 05:09 PM
yooser1 yooser1 is offline
Registered User

Location: Neston,
Default How far roots spread from conifer

Hello,
I have a large 35 year old conifer in my front garden and the size is now worrying my wife and myself as today I found in the sewer manhole located in my driveway some thin roots ? about 3 mm thick and about 2 foot long, they were growing through the brick lined walls of the manhole.
I am concerned they maybe spreading towards the house as well as the manhole.
Would you recommend the removal of the conifer ?
I hope the photo has been attached as it hopefully explain the situation better !

Regards from Neale.