Old 23-06-2020, 01:39 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Jenny M Benson Jenny M Benson is offline

Default Boots to wear when using strimmer - recommendations?

On 23/06/2020 12:58, Chris Green wrote:
OP here with a second response, I've looked at the Screwfix ones above
and very few even protect your shins, let alone further up your legs.

The damage you get with a strimmer is debris and twigs hitting you
mid-calf in my experience, in addition you need a way to prevent
'bits' (as in stinging nettle leaves and chunks of bramble) dropping
into the boots that are protecting your legs. Hence my original
request for 'velcro flaps' to pull the boot tight around the lower
leg.

I wonder if Brushing Boots (sold for horses' wear) would suit your
purpose. The ones at

https://www.equus.co.uk/products/bus...0aAhPsEALw_wcB

(or https://tinyurl.com/y7bdumnm takes you to the same place)

are very expensive, but that page has a particularly good illustration.

--
Jenny M Benson
Wrexham, UK