Old 23-06-2020, 05:51 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Chris Green Chris Green is offline

Default Boots to wear when using strimmer - recommendations?

Nick Maclaren wrote:
In article , Chris Green wrote:

OP here with a second response, I've looked at the Screwfix ones above
and very few even protect your shins, let alone further up your legs.

I would strongly recommend wearing safety boots rather than shoes,
because things falling on your instep is common, but few come up much
above the ankle. Rigger boots do, but they seem to have tops that
could be designed to collect debris.

But 'safety boots' don't protect the instep do they? Certainly the
pair I have are just steel *toe-capped*, if something heavy fell on my
instep they'd make little difference.

Anyway I after something specifically for strimming and I can't really
think of anything heavy enough to do any damage falling on my instep
(or toe) while strimmimg. I have steel toe-capped safety boots for
when they're appropriate but they are no use at all for protection
while strimming/

Rigger boots seem more like what I want but, as you say, they have
rather flappy open tops.

My old motorcycle boots were perfect, good solid boots protecting all
the way up to just below the knee, easy to get on, not hot like
wellies and velcro to pull them tight around your legs. Maybe I'd
better simply look for some similar motorcycle boots though that style
seems rarer nowadays.

Does no one else wear boots that cover more than just their feet when
strimming? ... or are wellies universal?

--
Chris Green
ยท