Old 24-06-2020, 09:56 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Chris Green Chris Green is offline

Default Boots to wear when using strimmer - recommendations?

alan_m wrote:
On 23/06/2020 17:51, Chris Green wrote:

But 'safety boots' don't protect the instep do they? Certainly the
pair I have are just steel *toe-capped*, if something heavy fell on my
instep they'd make little difference.

They often have a metal sole plate that help if stepping on something
with upward facing nails etc.

Yes, I realised after I said it that 'instep' can mean both the top
and the bottom of one's foot. 'Safety shoes' (or boots) don't, as far
as I am aware, add any particular protection to the top of one's
instep but they often do protect the underside with steel plates or
whatever.

Anyway it doesn't help me much! :-)

--
Chris Green