Old 26-06-2020, 01:55 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Pavel314[_2_] Pavel314[_2_] is offline

Default bug eaten Napa Cabbage

On Friday, June 26, 2020 at 2:05:31 AM UTC-4, T wrote:
Hi All,

They had cute little Napa Cabbage on sale at Wally
World. I impulse bought some. They don't look so
cute now:

https://ibb.co/n1zNTC4

And something has been eating holes it them with
reckless abandon. I have check i the daylight and
at night, but I can't find teh culprit.

-T

We made 25 pounds of sauerkraut yesterday morning. We had to check the outer layers of cabbage head leaves as there were frequently slugs under them; I think the slugs are the major cabbage predators in our area. Fortunately, our sheep enjoy getting the discarded leaves.

My wife sprays the cabbages if the damage becomes excessive.

Paul