Old 08-08-2020, 05:13 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Bird of prey to act as 'skarecrow'.

On 08/08/2020 16:29, Emrys Davies wrote:
Has anyone had any success in selecting an imitation bird of prey to
frighten off birds which damage our bowling green when hunting for
leather jackets.Â* I think the culprits are carrion crows, magpies and
possibly the odd fox.Â* The main damage is to the green's edges but it is
quite extensive. We will treat appropriately for leather jackets.

The most impressive one I have seen is a sillouhette falcoln kite made
of thin black plastic that is on a something like 30' thin fishing pole
high into the air on a length of monofilament. In the breeze it looks
convincingly like a falcon hovering and stopping from time to time. eg

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Repeller-Sc...dp/B07YW4V3SP/

Not a recommendation the spec is inconsistent and in Chinglish.

I doubt if any bird of prey will discourage foxes, deer or badgers.

--
Regards,
Martin Brown