Old 09-08-2020, 10:09 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
alan_m alan_m is offline

Default Bird of prey to act as 'skarecrow'.

On 08/08/2020 17:13, Martin Brown wrote:

The most impressive one I have seen is a sillouhette falcoln kite made
of thin black plastic that is on a something like 30' thin fishing pole
high into the air on a length of monofilament. In the breeze it looks
convincingly like a falcon hovering and stopping from time to time. eg

Everywhere I see these used they are not longer there few weeks later
which I suspect is because they are not robust enough to last any longer.

I once bought a decoy Owl (with moving head) to deter pigeons. It worked
for around a day and then the birds got used to it and started feeding
within yards of it.