Old 21-08-2020, 11:13 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Composting Grass Cuttings

On 21/08/2020 10:11, Pwllgloyw wrote:
Since I downsized garden, I only have 1 Dalek that I use for garden
waste etc. Grass cuttings have been excluded because of volume and go to
the council recycling tip.

I have just been given a second Dalek, and wondered if I could dedicate
this just to grass cuttings - probably with shredded paper between it as
I used to do in my old large mixed content compost heaps.

Would this work? or would it just result in a solid soggy mess! I would
probably only want to empty it once a year at most - depending on what
it produces.

Thanks

Roger T

grass alone is not a great compost. Add any other fibrous stuff like
leaves and weeds etc.

Avoid food waste. Rats.

--
Climate is what you expect but weather is what you get.
Mark Twain