Old 24-08-2020, 03:45 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Composting Grass Cuttings

On 23/08/2020 15:41, Derek wrote:
On Sat, 22 Aug 2020 20:31:15 +0100, Chris Hogg wrote:
I have a slight concern though, that if the contents get too hot they'll catch
fire

Highly unlikely, seen a large mound of wood chip smoulder in the
middle, that turned to ash, but no flames, but your small amount will
not generate enough heat

I've definitely had charring in the middle of an acre of grass cuttings
back in the day when I collected rather than mulched them

--
"Strange as it seems, no amount of learning can cure stupidity, and
higher education positively fortifies it."

- Stephen Vizinczey