Old 05-09-2020, 08:52 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Plant ID please

On 05/09/2020 15:13, David wrote:
On Sat, 05 Sep 2020 14:08:36 +0000, David wrote:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/smutte.../shares/2Ez874

I am trying out Apps and the first one suggested Oxybasis rubra.

I played with an ID site a while back (forgotten now which one) which
suggested a halucinogenic sometimes smoked with Cannabis and with
dangerous seeds.

Still trying to track back.

Anyway I was waiting for it to flower but it seems a little too rampant
so is due for removal very soon.

Two separate Apps go for Oxybasis Rubra so it looks as though the original
ID, although dangerous and exciting, was wrong.

Yes, Oxybasis rubra (the second part of the name is not capitalised) aka
Chenopodium rubrum - it turns up in a variety of places such as maize
fields, the drawdown zone of reservoirs, manure piles, and roadside gutters.

This is abiut as close to flowering as it gets - i.e. the flowers aren't
very showy. If you use a handlens, or take a macro photograph, you
should be able to see the stamens sticking out of the flowers.

Cheers

Dave R